Nav Bar

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Five Friday Favorites

Via

1. Drumstick Lil' Drums
In the Alabama heat, you gotta have something to cool you down. And, who doesn't love something sweet?! I like these Lil' Drums because they are tiny, they don't over fill you, and the calorie count ain't bad!


Via

2. This Fence
Over at It's Great To Be Home, they showcased their latest flip, and I fell in LOVE with this cedar fence. It's modern, interesting, and WILL be at my next house for sure!



Via

3. Yard Sales
I consider myself a yard sale expert (I'm so humble, I know.) I grew up going to yard sales, and I continue to enjoy them every Spring and Summer (and into the Fall here in AL.) I grabbed up 2 name brand dresses, a brand new pair of New Balance tennis shoes, a pair of Levi cropped denims, and a leather baseball glove for about $13 this weekend. Score!



flickr logo
Via

4. Flickr
I never got on the Flickr bandwagon. But, we are in the midst of selling our house FSBO, and I needed a place that could easily house all our listing photos. Flickr was definitely the answer. I just uploaded my photos, put them in a set, and it's ready to go.




5. This Craigslist Redo
I bought this 1960s Danish chest (without legs) over 2 years ago. It's been sitting in my garage ever since! I finally decided it could be used in my closet for storage. The whole thing was brown (the color of the drawers) but there was a big stain on the top I wanted to cover up. I also wanted to raise the chest off the ground to make it feel more like a true piece of furniture. I primed and painted the exterior box white, leaving the drawers their original color. Then, I added some slimline legs (painted white, too). For $30 (the original price of the chest) plus some left over paint I had in the garage, I think it turned out swell!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment