Nav Bar

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Smells Like Spring ... Maybe

With Spring finally showing its face here in Alabama, I was in the mood to freshen the house and get it feeling light, clean, and crisp around here. I was searching around on Pinterest to come up with some ideas about how to accomplish my goal when I came across this post from


Via One More Moore

I was so excited! The wonderful, yummy smells of Williams Sonoma were going to waft through my home in whisps of lemony, rosemary goodness. 

Not.

First of all, let me say, this. I probably I'm sure I did something wrong. There is no way you can follow the easy-peasy instructions and mess it up, but I guess I did! Let me recap...

I sliced up my 1 lemon, and added that, along with a few sprigs of fresh rosemary and a few teaspoons of vanilla extract to a pot of simmering water.





As you see, it looks like it has potential. Unfortunately, it didn't smell anything like Williams Sonoma. :( Maybe my sense of smell has been destroyed by my long-standing addiction to Lysol Lemon spray, or maybe I just don't like the smell of rosemary. But, whatever it was, it just wasn't doing it for me.



Give it a try and let me know what you think!

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment