Nav Bar

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Easy Laundry Room Organization: Little Changes Make BIG Difference!

If you've been keeping up with the ol' blog, I've been working on getting my laundry room in order. For 2 years, it's been a mess! 

I started with a simple ironing board storage tip and then created some great looking storage boxes. And now, I'm in love again.


So now, here's the deets....

There was no storage for my mops, brooms, and Swiffer. They had just been thrown in the corner and were constantly falling over, banging into the wall, and getting in the way of the laundry.  


The pups' leash hanger had originally been hung too low and in the middle of the wall, causing the leashes to pool on the floor and get tangled.


I added a $5 organizer I picked up at Wal-Mart, moved the leash hanger, and the mischief was managed!


You've already seen my clutter management solution for the space above my washer and dryer. But, what I didn't show you was the disaster that was my pups' wardrobe (Whiskey and Sammie sometimes like to sport the season's fashions).


There little shirts and coats were wadded up on to just 2 hangers!


I purchased 2 packages of children-sized hangers (again, at Wal-Mart) for about $1.50 each. This quick and easy change made a huge difference in the clutter!


Finally, I cleared up the sink area and finally hung my Laundry sign I've had for 3 years!


Next, I decanted my laundry detergent pods into an old vase. I also found a tin box that had a previous life in a flower arrangement to keep my spot treater and my Bounce sheets!




 I'm really happy with how it turned out. 

What tips and tricks do you use in your laundry room to keep the clutter contained?





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment