Nav Bar

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Easy Laundry Room Organization: Ironing Board Storage

I'm in the process of revamping my laundry room. And, by revamping, I mean organizing the heck out of it! Since we moved in just 2 years ago, I have done absolutely nothing to this laundry room except throw a bunch of junk in it.

See? I wasn't kidding.
My first little project was finding a suitable storage place for my ironing board. I had been using it in our guest bedroom after Todd made me move it from the laundry room. I originally had it stored behind the laundry room door, but it was on one of those bulky hangers that also stores your iron and spray starch. It bumped the door, got in the way, and just generally didn't work, so it was moved.

I was bound and determined to get the ironing board back where it belonged. I found a couple of hooks at my local Lowe's that matched the other hardware finishes in my laundry room, so I thought I'd give them a try.


#1: Find where on your ironing board you will be able to hang it. Measure the distance between the two points. 

#2: Transfer the measurements onto your wall. Make sure the two points are level, and secure the hooks. Make sure you secure the hooks to a stud or use drywall screw anchors or the weight of the ironing board may pull the hooks out of the wall.


Hang your board on the wall, and viola! Easy-peasy ironing board storage.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment